The 7.2 magnitude earthquake that struck Haiti on Saturday morning devastated Jeremie and many surrounding villages. The situation in Haiti is evolving. We will continue to provide updates as we get more information. HHF’s catchment includes over 250,000 people.
Currently we are:
- Treating hundreds of injured at our main clinic and in the field
- Transporting the seriously wounded in our emergency transport vehicle
- Assessing the damage to homes
- Sharing medical supplies and medicines with the local hospital
- Providing radiography and sonography services for many patients
- Arranging for tents as protection for patients with PTSD who are fearful of coming inside for care
- Coordinating with other NGOs to ensure critical services are available for the community within the first days following the earthquake
- Working with partner organizations to continue replenishing the supply of food, medicine, and other essential supplies.
- Continuing to monitor the overall situation and take necessary action to meet the needs of our population
- And… closely watching the path of the tropical storm heading toward Haiti