Haitian Health Foundation’s Earthquake Response
Click here to follow HHF’s response to the Earthquake in Haiti.
The 7.2 magnitude earthquake that struck Haiti on Saturday morning devastated Jeremie and many surrounding villages. The situation in Haiti is evolving. We will continue to provide updates as we get more information. HHF’s catchment includes over 250,000 people.
Currently we are:
- Treating hundreds of injured at our main clinic and in the field
- Transporting the seriously wounded in our emergency transport vehicle
- Assessing the damage to homes
- Sharing medical supplies and medicines with the local hospital
- Providing radiography and sonography services for many patients
- Arranging for tents as protection for patients with PTSD who are fearful of coming inside for care
- Coordinating with other NGOs to ensure critical services are available for the community within the first days following the earthquake
- Identifying organizations who can be ready to assist with replenishing food, medicine, and other supplies, if needed
- Continuing to monitor the overall situation and take necessary action to meet the needs of our population
- And… closely watching the path of the tropical storm heading toward Haiti
To donate to HHF’s earthquake relief efforts, please click here and select Earthquake Relief 2021 from the dropdown menu under Designation.
Click here to read about HHF’s efforts to fight Covid-19 in Haiti
OUR WORK IS IN HAITI, and we hope you join us in improving the health and well-being of women, children, families and communities living in the greater Jérémie region of Haiti through healthcare, education and community development.
Everyday, people like you are helping us restore hope and change lives ~ one person at a time.
For several decades, Haiti has experienced incredible social and political instability, thus impacting access to basic healthcare, food insecurity and clean and safe housing. Haiti is one of the poorest nations in the Western hemisphere, with a per capita gross domestic product (GDP) of $1,179. Chronically high levels of poverty, as more than half the population lives below the poverty line of $1.25/day, coupled with soil erosion, declining agricultural productivity, and high population growth have all combined to make obtaining adequate food and any other basic things, such as health care, education, and housing a daily struggle for many Haitians. The Haitian Health Foundation, for nearly 40 years, has been serving a population that now exceeds 250,000 people by meeting their basic healthcare and dental care needs, providing access to formal education, and through our many community development projects.
There are many ways you can continue helping us in bringing positive change to so many vulnerable people. Find out more by clicking here or by visiting our different programs – see below:
Your donation can change a life in a way that goes beyond today’s gift giving.